Monday, November 26, 2007

Words of Wisdom from Karen


"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose
recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature
instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances
complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community
and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die,
for the harder I work the more I live.
I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no “brief candle” to me.
It is a sort of splendid torch which I have hold of for the moment,
and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on
to future generations.”
--George Bernard Shaw

1 comment:

Train Travel Blog said...

by the by- for anyone who cares to know, this picture was taken in Karen's (and my former) stomping grounds- beautiful Lake Patagonia about an hour south of Tucson. And you didn't think they had lakes in Arizona!